Schedule and Hours
We believe children (especially under the age of 9) need to spend the greatest quantity of their time in the home environment. At home, children can have more opportunities to learn by doing, experimenting, and observing. These beliefs shape our practice of beginning a more formal education as the child matures. Our typical weekly schedule is as follows with drop off at 8:10am for all grades:
- Kindergarten meets four half-days per week, currently Tuesday-Friday from 8:30 am – 12:00 noon.
- NEW for 2016-17 – Kindergarten will meet five half-days.
- First and Second Grades meet five half-days, Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 12:00 noon.
- We offer an after school program from 12:00 noon -3:00pm. See our Afternoon Adventures page.
- Third Grade meets two half-days (currently Monday and Friday from 8:30 am – 12:00 noon) and three full days (currently Tuesday-Thursday from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm). This allows for a more natural transition to all-day schooling.
- Fourth through Eighth Grades meet Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm.